Sunday 23 September 2012

Reading Club (15): Never Work Harder Than Your Students, Robyn R. Jackson


The book I'm currently reading although progress is painfully slow. At the snail's pace am going, wonder when I will ever finish this book :)  Don't I wish that I have a long break just to read all the books I want! You have to believe me when I say that teachers don't have time to read. I've been trying to read this one for the past three months and haven't even got past the first chapter. No. Am not making excuses but I just cannot find the time to read. It's been a battle all the way. And you know what? I'm actually dying to know the secrets to never working harder than my students as claimed by Dr Robyn (many overworked teachers will!!!) but I guess I will never know until I finish the book sob sob sob...And people say teachers have a lot of time in their hands...nuts!







The Thinking Teacher



4 comments:

sintaicharles said...

You are right. I can only read books on weekends. It's not possible to read to my heart's content on teaching days.

Rahmah said...

i really struggle sintaicharles..sometimes really frustrated to look at the books i have not been able to touch..

Saidatul said...

I'm having similar frustration...always craving to read books on the shelves...wish I could spend more time reading..=( anyway, the book looks tempting..where did you get it mdm...?=)

Rahmah said...

same feelings ya? i got it through a friend who bought it online! so i guess u can find it online too. happy reading :)