Saturday 21 February 2015

Teaching Nouns: A game to start the ball rolling...



(credit: google images)


I revised nouns last week with my Form 4's. Yes, parts of speech first because judging by their PT3 results, I had to do something about their basics this year before they go to Form 5. We started with a simple board game with minimal preparations on my part.


1. Think of categories e.g.s food, animals, places, countries. Start with one category first, say animals
2. Call one SS to the board to write an animal he/she knows e.g.

    ANTELOPE

3. The next student must think of another animal that begins with the last letter 'e' e.g.

    ELEPHANT

4. Continue until you end with Z. Start the game with another category.
5. This is a sort of warmer too before you launch into teaching nouns. This will get the SS interested in the lesson.

Happy teaching!







Those who can Do Those who can do more TEACH

3 comments:

Unknown said...

An interesting activity which i've learned and shared with my proELT family members during we prepared a warmer as a kicstarted of our day with our trainer, Jane��. And i tried with my form 3 and form 4 students, they love it.

Rahmah said...

Glad to know that Lailatul. Hope you have settled down in your new post :)

sintaicharles said...

I will try out this activity.