Friday 8 August 2008

Thank you!

Thank-you God for everything that you have given me; my family, my health, my job, my friends and foes alike. Alhamdulillah.

Two weeks ago I was lost in my thoughts and 'bored' was my favourite vocabulary. Perhaps I was going through a phase or perhaps it was that 'itch'. A friend once said you get the itch every ten years or so where you start questioning things around you and become restless...could it be this? My hubby had a better theory; that I was burnt out!! A friend I talked to today told me of her aunt who never complained of anything-tiredness, lack of sleep, workload etc etc. She just takes it in her stride and that this probably is a result of her inner strength. Thank you for sharing that. Perhaps I should look at my inner self and ask myself why I was so negative the past two weeks. I've always seen myself as a motivated person (Peminat aka HH will totally agree!) who likes new challenges.

Tonight I want to say thank you to God. I am grateful to You for all that I have today. Thank you God for giving me the strength to carry on and to pick up the pieces and start again. You know it isn't easy. Thank you for giving me the time and space to regain that confidence I once misplaced (You never lose your confidence, you just misplace it). Thank you for protecting me against those who are envious of my achievements. Thank you for listening to my prayers when I offer them to you in haste or peace. Thank you for surrounding me with sincere friends who always remind me of who I am. Thank you for blessing me with a wonderful husband and children. Thank you for showing me the way when all else fails. Above all thank you for always giving me a second chance!

No comments: