Tuesday 9 February 2010

Teaching idioms (Part 2)

Jia Hwei wrote in her class journal today that she didn't like the story used in the lesson. The word she used is 'boring'. But it wasn't clear why. Was it too long? Was it too difficult? Too many idioms? Food for thought this. I was pleased though that the girls looked for the meaning online and came prepared. Well, the first part of the lesson was rather tedious I must admit but the second part was better. SS were able to write a short story  using the idioms that they have learned thus far. Some stories were just hilarious but the most important thing is to be able to use the idioms correctly. We will continue tomorrow as time didn't permit evey group to present its story today.

On another matter, I could see my girls so restless with the impending CNY! Well, teachers too you bet. Am so looking forward to this break..I can't deny that. Let's see...I've got two write ups for a Sasbadi series and MGCK, an innovation to complete and this action research. Besides, there's bun-baking (is there such a word?) too during CNY. When am I going to read that Jefrrey Archer book given by Madam Tan (my x-principal) ? And I  hope to visit Meng Huat at his home this CNY too..too many things to do and so little time. Was it Evadne who wrote in her journal last year "24 hours is not enough for me to do all the things I need to do" and I responded " Well, even President Barrack Obama has 24 hours!" :D

No comments: