Saturday 19 June 2010

Teacher Talk (1)- Research

Some emails I received from my blog's visitor (her identity deleted) from Melaka. It made me realise that there are many positive people out there who genuinely want to improve themselves and to learn from each other. I will be uploading more later and shall call this 'Teacher Talk'.  My replies are in red and the sender's emails are in blue.

Re: salam
From:
Rahmah Sayuti ...Add to Contacts
To:

thanks very much. your comments are very encouraging. i hope u will do well in your research and some day be a great english teacher! all the best!

From:
To: Rahmah Sayuti
Sent: Sat, June 19, 2010 10:04:09 PM
Subject: Re: salam

wsalam
of course madam. your blog is amazing. I love it! All i need are in your blog. btw, thank you so much for your respond :)
you can share my email to others. My pleasure madam. May Allah bless you.
Thank you

Hugs and Kisses

From: Rahmah Sayuti
To:
Sent: Sat, June 19, 2010 7:56:38 PM
Subject: Re: salam

salam,
thank you for visiting my blog. i hope it's useful. regarding your choice of research topic, well there are many you can choose from. Reading is good too provided it's not too wide. My supervisor, Dr Susan Hunston used to tell me 'Small is beautiful'. so if you're thinking of reading, which aspect of reading? Extensive reading is a good area but you need to read more about it in order to know exactly what u want to do. Literature is another possible area and speaking. do you know that teachers hardly teach speaking nowadays and when we ask teachers, what is the best way to learn English, they will unanimously agree that it's speaking!!! If I were doing my phd this is an area i will definitely look into. anyway, good luck in your research.

i hope you don't mind me sharing your email (and others) in my blog but i will not reveal your name of course. in this way, other readers of my blog will also get some sort of interaction and can also offer feedback.

Kak rahmah

From:
To: rahmahs@yahoo.com
Sent: Sat, June 19, 2010 1:18:00 PM
Subject: salam

Madam,
i am one of your blog visitor and reader.
i am in my final year, B. ed Tesl in uitm. I really want your advice on what topics should I choose for my research. I was thinking to do on reading, but it is a lame topic and not really interesting.
Hmmm. My pleasure if you could give me some info :)

thank you.

No comments: