Tuesday 7 August 2018

27th MELTA International Conference in Johor Bahru, 18-20th August 2018

Calling all English teachers in Johor! There is a special rate of RM280.00 conference fees being offered to 150 teachers to attend this conference. As we all know, the Duli Yang Maha Mulia Raja Zarith Sofiah binti Almarhum Sultan Idris Shah, Permasuri Johor herself is MELTA's patron and this year's event is held in Berjaya Waterfront Hotel, Johor Bahru. 

MELTA has a special place in my heart. I won the Dr. Basill Wijasuriya Award for Best Teacher Presenter in 2009 in Putri Pan Pacific, Johor Bahru and again in 2012 in Sunway Putra Hotel. As a matter of fact, I am a life member and I enjoy reading the bulletins they have been sending me. It's a shame that I won't be able to join this conference as I'll be in Turkey (my second trip- some people can't get enough of Turkey 😆) during that time. 

I hope teachers in Johor will take this opportunity to attend this prestigious conference and perhaps present a paper or two to improve their practice as ESL teachers. You can download the letter here.

And here's the form for the special rate.



Wishing the organising committee and participants a successful conference!















Those who can DO, Those who can do more TEACH



No comments: