Saturday, 8 January 2011

Teacher Talk 4: On materials selection and adaptation

A question I received via fb from a trainee teacher and my response:

assalammuailakum.I am a trainee teacher. I hope u are healthy . sorry for disturbing you. i am one of ur blog vistors. I actually need ur advice. actually, my friends and I need to do a lesson plan on how to teach english skill . so,we teach for pre lesson, brainstorming about hobbies, while reading , give text adapted from year 4 . n answers worksheets . lastly, we ask students to mime the hobbies and their firends need to guess. But we are required to write a reflection on our process selecting n adapting materials. n I am quite blur about this process. hope that u can give me any tips or resources .tq.


My response:
salam, my humble apologies to you. i just noticed i haven't replied ur email!! i must have missed it. thanks for ur question. ur question is on the reflection part ya? i think u need to mention on what basis u selected the materials and why do u need to adapt. was it due to ss levels? interest? background? age? gender? duration of lesson? these are some factors u can consider. sorry if this reply is sooooo late.


~the thinking teacher~

2 comments:

  1. haha.. better late than never.

    btw, my trip to HK and china will be from 11 to 15 jan 11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam rozaidi,
    enjoy urself ok!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...