Wednesday 19 January 2011

Step by Wicked Step- Anne Fine

Finally, my latest book is available in bookshops! There is nothing more rewarding to writing than to have your name on a book- this is the main reason I write.  Sounds silly yes? What about monetary rewards? Well, to be honest, I may do better if I were to publish the book myself...publishers don't pay much for your intellectual property..something that should be look into so that the writer's rights are protected. It sounds easy to write a book but it's not. It requires a lot of research, creativity and time. Boy, was I desperate for time in the mad mad rush to complete this one! The other reason I write is because as a GC, I must disseminate knowledge and expertise by publishing academic articles or books related to my subject.  It's not enough to teach, I must publish. Besides, writing allows me to express my thoughts and ideas and to be able to share that with teachers and students can only be rewarding. Seeing my name on a book takes away all the stress, fatigue, writer's block (sometimes) etc. Alhamdulillah...
(By the way, the other writer wrote on the two poems)


   

5 comments:

Al-Manar said...

Congratulations. I will try to get a copy in due course.

Fatimi Estar said...

Assalamualaikum. Congratulations...I believe that many students will benefit from it...

Rahmah said...

wassallam. tx pakcik and fatimi :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mah... hope tchrs will get it to assist in ss understanding of the text.

Rahmah said...

tx dib :)